Friday, November 26, 2010

What's 33 weeks out of 60 years?

Jason's deployment...179 days, plus six weeks of training beforehand.  But it's a short time compared to, say, the rest of our lives, right?  I hope so.  As many know, it takes a long time for me to process change.  Thankfully we have two more months for me to process before he leaves.  Two months for me to enjoy as much time with him as possible.  I won't lie, I had a self-pity party for the first two weeks I processed the information.  It's frustrating he'll lose out on his six weeks of summertime with the boys.  It's frustrating that we decided to hold off on adding to our family till our next assignment...but now we're losing eight months of time together alone.  I can't lie about wishing it were different.  But wishful thinking won't change the reality that I married a man in the military and deployment is inevitable.  Jason's had sixteen deployment-free years, which just means that his number was coming and I'd rather have it come now than later. 

What am I going to do?  Work my Creative Memories business like crazy, travel a bit, volunteer on base and at church, read, organize girls' nights at my place since I don't have to worry about kicking him out.  :-)  I've never had a problem keeping busy. 

God is good and He's provided a multitude of people who will support me while Jason's away.  He will keep Jason safe, I have no doubt. 

To conclude, here are some pictures from our trip to San Antonio and Thanksgiving. Jason's PawPaw May is not in good health and any time we have with him is precious. We celebrated Ian's birthday while we were in SA a couple of weeks ago. I cannot believe how much the boys have grown in just the few years I've been blessed to have them in my life!



With PawPaw May

Excited to see their Daddy...and the large gift at his side.

Hmmm...wonder what's in there?  (Guitar)

Game time at Dave 'n' Busters
Hanging out while bowling.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Oh, Kari! Change is hard, isn't it We'll be praying for both you and Jason - for your time together now and your time apart during deployment then.

Nina and Christopher said...

I'm praying for you, Jason, & the boys as you prepare for his deployment and during the deployment. I'm sure you'll find ways to keep busy. However, feel free to call me anytime. Also, if you want to make a trip to visit us in Duluth during this time, please do. We would love to have you.