Thursday, November 18, 2010

Ready, ready to run....all I want to do is have some fun!

On the shuttle at 4 am!Porta pottys before they're out of TP.
Almost ready to go!

With Bethany, former roomie and now half-marathoner!
Wow, I can't believe the race has come and gone already! We trained for so long, but not well. I'd say this was the worst training I've ever done. Trying to train with Jason, but then work around his work schedule and my work schedule was difficult. We did manage to get in all of our long runs, but I wish we'd gotten in more running during the week.

Oh well, we kept our pace steady the entire race and ended in 2:45. The last mile was hard. Jason had more adrenaline in the end than I did, but I managed to stay with him. We survived the torturous incline at the very end and got our sparkly medals!

It was fun to see a former student running and then to meet up with Bethany and her family in the end. She swore she'd never run, and then poof! She's run three half-marathons now!

We saw the boys Friday night and Saturday during the day. It's never enough time, but it was still good.

No comments: