Friday, September 07, 2007

Mighty Mississippi Trip--Labor Day

I got attend my roommate's family reunion in Nachez, Mississippi. We got there at 2am Saturday morning and stayed up till 5 am talking with Bethany's parents and brother. Once we woke up we went around town looking at all of the Victorian and pre-Civil War homes. Bethany's family lives in a gorgeous pre-Civil War home.

Saturday night we hung out with her extended family playing games and listening to the family band. People bring their keyboards, guitars, drums, whatever and then play all sorts of pop songs for us to dance to...Bethany's Grandmother and Great-Aunt Leon were kicking it up more than the rest of us.

Sunday was more food, drinks, and games. I learned how to play horseshoes. I have to tell you that I am the WORST player ever! I nearly killed Bethany because the horseshoe went off course. I also got it caught in a tree. Seriously, don't ever ask me to play. I also learned how to play Texas Hold 'em. I can't say I understand it all, but I got the gist of it.

I felt like a member of the family by the end and hopefully I'll return next year.

Pin It
Follow Me on Pinterest

Currently Reading

Kari's bookshelf: currently-reading

The School of Essential IngredientsTheir Eyes Were Watching GodWarriors Don't Cry: The Searing Memoir of the Battle to Integrate Little Rock's Central HighNightThe Five People You Meet in HeavenHarry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

More of Kari's books »
Kari's currently-reading book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists