Wednesday, January 21, 2009

...building...

In true fashion, my yearly motto proves true with the year barely underway. My plan, while less than ideal, was to marry at the end of April and then do my practicum over the summer, which would mean waiting to move till August. Less than ideal for Jason and I, but closing a chapter in my life--graduate school. Well, the district in which the summer practicum is held is fighting UTSA on one issue, which leave the possiblity of it being offered up in the air.

Surprisingly, I'm not upset. It seems par for the course and quite frankly, it would mean being able to move in June rather than August. That's appealing. Finishing my masters is appealing, but being with Jason is moreso.

So the prayer is for the Lord's will to be done because I have no idea what I want. Well I suppose I do, but I've worked too hard to not finish.

Building on the unexpected....

5 comments:

Anna Maschke said...

prayers for whatever is best!

Talk to you soon!

Brian & Erin said...

You're kidding... right???

Ugh!
-E

Kari said...

Um, no...can't even begin to kid about this one. So...one more thing to add to the list. Let's just see how many wonderful and awful, stressful things we can add to Kari's plate at one time, shall we? See if we can't push her into counseling...drinking (kidding, although one glass of wine was nice tonight)...thing is, I'm so at peace because I literally can't do a thing about this one...it's odd...

Nicole said...

Just remember that God's plan is always better than our own. A man that works with us always tells us that he gets "excited" when his plan doesn't work out. He says that God's plan is working itself out and it MUST be better. A neat perspective, I think! Sorry I missed movie night. Heard it was fun. I've been so sick lately...I'm sooo ready to be well! Hope to see you soon.

Kari said...

Thanks Nicole! That is a neat perspective! We missed you too! I'm praying you're well soon and we can have a fun wine night or something!