Friday, May 30, 2008

Prayer Request

I have two prayer requests...

First, for my Aunt Colleen. Earlier this week I found out Aunt Colleen has been diagnosed with Non-hodgkins Lymphoma. Her prognosis is good and she'll begin treatment in about a week. Colleen is young--48--which is in her favor and they've caught it early. Her diagnosis made my work with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society much more meaningful for me. I always felt as though I was running for the future, and the future is here. I wasn't going to run with the team this fall, but I will be sending in my registration over the weekend. The least I can do is pray and run in Colleen's honor.

Second, for Miriam, the mother of two of my former students and wife to Pastor here in San Antonio. She went into the hospital earlier this week and it was discovered she had a stroke. She too is very young and this comes a week before her daughter's high school graduation. They are a dear family who mean the world to me. I saw her right after she learned it was a stroke and she was in shock, but is doing better then earlier in the week.

Thank you prayer warriors!

No comments: