Saturday, October 28, 2006

10 Year Class Reunion

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I bit the bullet and attended my reunion. I wasn't going to go at first because it meant missing the homecoming dance, which is one of my responsibilities. I would have to run my 18 mile run in St. Louis, alone, which was daunting. I'd have to buy a ticket. All reasons to sit tight in San Antonio. But...

I have an amazing student council that pulled off the dance without a hitch...with some parental help. I got to run on Grant's trail, which was beautiful. I finished in four hours and could still walk. I used frequent flyer miles to purchase my ticket. Sooo...I couldn't pass up the opprotunity to revisit one of my favorite cities.

It was a blast seeing everyone. Everyone is the same, just adult-like now. Those old insecurities surfaced just as I was passing through the doors of Blueberry Hill...but they left as soon as I saw my dear friend Anna Dittmar. We haven't talked in six years, but it was like it was yesterday. Mandi was there, Jay was there, Brooks, Mike, Sara Jane, so many people I loved catching up with.

Sara Jane and I got a ton of people to go hang out at the Delmar lounge after our time was up at Blueberry Hill. What was great was that it was not a particular group of folks, but people who didn't neccessarily hang out together when we were in high school.

It was a fast and furious weekend, but one I will treasure forever.

No comments: