Thursday, January 05, 2006

Christmas in the Midwest

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I have come to the conclusion that I like to cram as much as possible into my time away from school. This year I was able to go to St. Louis for an entire week before Christmas. It was a very relaxing week wrapping presents and helping mom with anything she needed.

We went to Iowa on Christmas Eve day and spent the day with the Sass side of the family. Christmas day found us with the Waterman side of the family. It is always a blessing to celebrate Christ's birth with both sides of my family.

Mom asked my sister, Kelly, and me if we felt like we had ever missed out on anything since we travel every year to Iowa. We were quite silent for a minute, and then we explained that, while we never participated in Christmas celebrations at our own church, we were more than blessed to know our Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, and cousins as well as we do. I can't imagine a Christmas outside of Iowa and I really don't ever want to, although I'm sure it will happen sometime.

No comments: