Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Lists

I love lists. I function better with lists, deadlines, and friends who remind of things I forgot to write down. :) Anyways, I made a list of all of the books I read in 2009. Shameful. It seems I'm no longer a bookworm, but a former bookworm. Grad school and wedding planning can have that affect. Most of the books I read last year were read in the latter part of the year. Which means 2010 should be a banner year for reading. So far I've already got two finished and I'm almost half-way through Sense and Sensibility. I love it. I knew I'd love Jane Austen once I began reading her works, and I was correct. I'm challenging myself to read more this year. I haven't given myself a number to aspire to or anything like that. I know me, and that'll weigh on me and reading will become a chore, not a pleasure.

Another note on lists, to prove how much I have always loved them. As a child, I would keep an extensive list of the books I had read, when I began them and when I ended them. You see, I have always been competitive too and I wanted to see how fast I was reading through the books. In the end that took pleasure out of the reading as well.

Happy reading to all!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

What do you know, Kari? I came to the same realization! I made myself a reading list and am back on my reading track. It has everything from classics to home improvement books to financial books to adolscent lit. Sherlock Holmes is next on my classics list.