Thursday, October 09, 2008

Homecoming 2008

Dress-up days, end of the day activities, court nominations, and then finally, the culmination of months of prep and love--the DANCE! "Under The Sea" went off without a hitch. It was one of the best homecoming weeks and dance set-ups I've ever had in my six years as advisor for Student Council. I went into the week, admittedly, not wanting to do it, not wanting to care, really, I just wanted to be a teacher and not worry. However, I have once again been blessed with some outstanding students who worked hard, took care of business, and did a fantastic job taking ownership of the week. The dance was great--Jason helped set-up on Saturday and then helped chaperone as well. He was very good at spotting boys with their hands lower on girls backs then they should be. :) Very helpful! I was exhausted the next day. I went to bed a little after midnight and got up at 8:30--it looked like I had been out partying till 7 am. I took all of Sunday as a rest day and felt a little better on Monday. All in all, a fantastic time.





Diet coke, every advisor's vice.

No comments: