Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Labor Day and Other Life Updates...





Here are some pictures from my Labor Day trip to Natchez, Mississippi--my roommate's hometown. We dropped Jason off in Baton Rouge and then made our way up there. I only got to spend twenty minutes with his parents. Our intention was to pick him up that Monday and spend a couple of hours there before heading to Houston for supper with my folks and then back to SA. Well, Gustav decided to make it's way to land and plans changed. Jason's mom graciously drove him up to us on Sunday and then we drove back to Houston and SA from Natchez. The trip was great--I love Bethany's family and they made Jason feel incredibly welcome. (I walked into the house and Bethany's Great-Aunt greeted me with a hug and said, "I hear your friend is coming tomorrow." I hadn't even told my parents about the change of plans!)

Since Labor Day it's been the same old jump-start September. I'm gearing up for homecoming festivities next week, while also trying to prepare for class--those I teach and the one I attend, train for the SA half-marathon and balance a relationship with other social engagements. Jason is quickly learning that my life jumps from one event to another! Right now we're getting to worship together on Sundays, which is awesome. I go to the late service at my church, he coordinates 1st and 2nd grade Sunday school for about 200 kids, and then we meet and attend the 1 pm service at his church that has just gotten off the ground. It's taking me out of my comfort zone and I'm sure I'll have more to say about it in a month or so.

The other incredibly awesome news in the Waterman household is the ENGAGEMENT of my sister Kelly. Ben proposed around Sept. 5th. They are working on location and date issues. I'm so happy for them both!

A week after Kelly's engagement, my dearest friend Sara Jane got engaged as well! I've learned that whenever I say, "Wow, I don't have any weddings scheduled for next year," that about two or four crop up. These two are, of course, incredibly important to me.

That's about all the news I have. Mom and dad survived Hurricane Ike with little damage. They did have a leak in the piano room and were without electricity for a day or two, but that's nothing compared to others, so we realize how blessed they are. Dad called off school for the week because the power wasn't on yet and about an hour later it came on--so it goes.

Peace to all who read this!

No comments: