Friday, August 08, 2008

Three States in Three Days...



As per usual, I crammed in as many people as possible during my short trek up to the Midwest. It began with the flight into St. Louis, where Crystal's Aunt and Uncle picked us up and took us to Quincy, IL to stay the night with Crystal's parents. We played two rounds of ladder-ball--a very fun outdoor picnic game!

The next day we drove to Lafayette, IN for Shel's wedding. It was so much fun to see our Indy girls again! Shel is one of the most creative people I know and her wedding had all sorts of touches that are uniquely hers. They rented a photo booth for us all to play in and then leave pics for their scrapbook. There was a candy bar--which seems to be the new trend, the last three out of four weddings I've attended have had one. From there the program, table decorations and everything else were simply just Shel. It was a ton of fun and I couldn't be happier that I got to attend the wedding and see the girls--Shel and Adrianne. Crystal and I spent the night at Adrianne's and then we headed back to St.Louis the next day.

Sara Jane and Mandi picked me up in Springfield, IL and we spent a couple of fabulous nights talking. I completely underestimated the St.Louis humidity--yuck!!! I also got to meet with Mark Kiessling and Jim Lohman to discuss NYG '10. So really, I could write it off as a work weekend too. :)

I've jumped back into school mode and it's not going too badly. We have a gigantic hole in the ground, so gym construction is moving right along. It's so nice to be in one place for a third year in a row. We might actually have bells that work on the first day! What a thought!

No comments: